Recipe by Slocan cook
A delightfully crisp cookie with the tang of fresh ginger and the chewiness of dried cranberries to make one fabulous cookie to have with your morning coffee.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great flavors here! We like our cookies on the soft side, so I made mine bigger than called for, which kept them from getting too crisp. I think some chopped candied ginger would also work in these. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and set aside.
- Grate the lemon and ream the juice into a small bowl. Chop ginger finely and set alongside the prepared lemon.
- Put the butter in a large mixing bowl and add the sugar. Cream butter and sugar together. Add the eggs separately beating after each addition. Add the grated ginger and lemon zest and juice to the wet ingredients and mix well. Pour in the dry ingredients slowly and stir until smooth and glossy.
- Drop a small amount onto a parchment covered baking sheet and place 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until brown around the edges then remove from the oven and put on a plate for serving.