1/1 Photo of Lemon Ginger Almond Upside-Down Cake
Sydney Mike's Note:
Another upside-down cake recipe passed on to me by a friend! This one I haven't yet made, but from the looks of the recipe, it should taste wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup whole almond
- 1 1/2 inches gingerroot, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Finely grate lemons for zest, then set zest aside. Remove white pith from lemons, then thinly slice, discarding seeds.
- 3Coat 9"x9" cake pan with cooking spray.
- 4Pour in melted butter, then arrange lemon slices in concentric pattern over butter.
- 5Sprinkle with brown sugar & slivered almonds.
- 6In food processor, combine whole almonds, reserved lemon zest & ginger, then pulse until combined & slightly moist.
- 7In large bowl combine butter & sugar, beating with mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- 8Add egg & extracts & beat until blended.
- 9In another bowl sift or wisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- 10Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating at low speed after each addition.
- 11Stir in almond mixture, then pour batter on top of lemons.
- 12Bake 25-35 minutes until top is golden brown.
- 13Remove from oven & cool 5 minutes on wire rack, before inverting onto serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Ginger Almond Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.6
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 279.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: