Recipe by *Alia*
Different varieties of scented geranium can be used for a delicious variation of this dessert.
- 10 lemon-scented geranium leaves, well washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons caster sugar
- 8 tablespoons whipped margarine
- 10 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Place leaves and flour in an airtight container for two hours, pressing the leaves and stirring occasionally.
- Remove leaves and arrange on the base of a greased cake tin.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl and beat all together for two minutes, until mixture is smooth – do not over beat.
- Place batter in cake tin on top of leaves and bake at 350 degrees for twenty to twenty-five minutes or until cake begins to come away From the tin sides.
- Remove From the tin – the leaves may be removed or left on the base.
- Split the cake in half and fill with seedless jam.