1/4 Photos of Lemon Gem Cupcakes
Kozmic Blues's Note:
These are sunny, bright and FULL of amazing lemony flavor! Are are 100% vegan! From: Veganomicon, The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook. This recipe uses rice milk for the cakes and soy milk for the frosting. I have made them using soy milk in BOTH, and they turned out just fine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 158.51 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml rice milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml lemon zest
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a 12 muffing tin with paper liners.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine oil, sugar, rice milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and zest.
- 5Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until smooth.
- 6Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full.
- 7Bake cupcakes for 17-20 minutes.
- 8Remove cupcakes from muffin tin, and place on wire cooling rack.
- 9Frost when fully cooled.
- 10For the frosting: Beat the margarine with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- 11Stir in soy milk and lemon juice.
- 12Add confectioners sugar and mix until smooth.
- 13Frost cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Gem Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (788 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.3
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 145.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: