This recipe is from Taste of Home. Preparation time includes minimum freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small heavy saucepan, heat milk to 175 degrees; stir in sugar until dissolved.
- 2Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- 3Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- 4Add lemon peel.
- 5Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160 degrees and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 6Remove from heat; strain.
- 7Stir in lemon juice.
- 8Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes.
- 9Stir in cream.
- 10Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 11Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two thirds full, freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 12Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- 13Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Gelato
Serving Size: 1 (1197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1915.2
- Calories from Fat 1232
- Total Fat 136.9 g
- Saturated Fat 81.6 g
- Cholesterol 1086.8 mg
- Sodium 226.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 164.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 137.2 g
- Protein 20.5 g