From Southern Living March 2008, this was a wonderful tasting steak, though I changed the original recipe around somewhat. Sirloin is readily available in the meat section of most markets, but for a thicker portion, such as the once called for in this recipe, check with your butcher to see if you'll need to pre-order it. I used buffalo steaks rather than beef for the first test of this recipe, and they were so tender and flavorful. I started this in the morning and we broiled it in the afternoon for an early dinner. Enjoy! NOTE: Prep time/cook time DOES NOT include 5-hour chill time to marinate. ** I ended up broiling this to medium-rare doneness, rather than the broil/bake method indicated.
My Private Note
4 ounce ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 -2 1/2 lb) boneless beef top sirloin steaks (11/4-inch thick)
- 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, plus
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- 1Trim steak, if necessary, of extra fat.
- 2Combine garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper and olive oil and dried parsley; rub over steak. Place steak in a large, shallow dish or 2-quart zip-top plastic freezer bag. Cover or seal and chill at least 5 hours or up to 8 hours. NOTE: This combo was more like a paste than a liquid, so I made sure all sides of the steak were covered and used a glass bowl for marinading.
- 3Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Place steak in a heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- 4Broil 6 inches from heat 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F, and bake 30 to 35 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. NOTE: The 15-minute broil 'sears' the outside of the steak, and the 375 baking helps the internal part of the thick steak cook without drying out or burning; you can also fully broil or grill the steak to desired doneness at your discretion.
- 5Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- 6Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Garlic Sirloin
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.0
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 1243.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 28.9 g