Recipe by Obag
This is a great recipe from the July 2005 issue of Sunset Magazine. Can substitute 1 tbs of minced garlic for 2 cloves fresh garlic. Soak wooden skewers 2-3 hours prior to grilling (soaking time not included in preparation time listed in recipe).
Top Review by Mommy Diva
I must agree - so glad you post both this and the complimentary Recipe #313316. These are such an unexpected burst of flavor for such an easy recipe! Just the type recipe I love!! We also were treated to this chef and his creations on vacation - it was a solid two thumbs up (more than 5*'s) from everyone on the vacation. THIS is the skewer recipe you have been waiting for! Thanks for posting, Obag!
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined (12 to 15 shrimp per lb)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix salt and sugar; add shrimp and stir to coat.
- Cover and chill 45 mins to 1 hour.
- Rinse shrimp well and drain; also rinse and dry bowl.
- Return shrimp to bowl; add olive oil, parsley, lemon peel, garlic and pepper. Mix to coat.
- Thread shrimp on soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill over hot coals or high heat (you should be able to hold you hand over the heat for only 2 to 3 secs) turning once, until shrimp are bright pink and opagque but still moist-looking, 5 to 6 minutes.