Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
I originally found this recipe on Colavita Olive Oil site, but- have adapted it to my families taste. This is very easy, quick and delicious - you will love it if you are a fan of shrimp scampi.
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons real butter (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- fresh coarse ground black pepper or lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 fresh lemon
- lemon zest
- Boil pasta in salted water; remove from heat just before pasta reaches al dente.
- Heat skillet on medium; add olive oil & garlic, When heated thru add shrimp and butter - cook for 2 minutes and add lemon zest. Gently toss shrimp with garlic until shrimp turns pink. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta; return to pan.
- Add shrimp, garlic, butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning, sesame seed, salt and pepper (or lemon pepper seasoning, if you prefer) - to taste.
- Toss well with fresh squeezed lemon juice and serve immediately with salad and Italian bread.
Easy and delicious! My teenager gave it two thumbs up.
needed some italian dressing to go with it. But once added it was great! overall good recipe, just add to taste.
Great recipe -- we felt that there would be too much butter and olive oil for our taste, and cut both almost in half and found that it was great without all of the oil and butter called for.