Prep 55 mins
Cook 40 mins
Lots of lemon and an abundance of garlic in the marinade add up to a powerful burst of flavor in every bite.
- 48 large unpeeled shrimp (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons instant minced garlic (about 12 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Combine lemon juice, wine, garlic, steak sauce, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal, and shake to blend.
- Add shrimp; seal.
- Marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes, turning bag once.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove shrimp from bag, discarding marinade.
- Thread 8 shrimp onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers.
- Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
I've been using this recipe for over 10 years and we just love it! I've found that Worchestershire sauce adds the best flavor, but A-1 is also good. I think the shrimp are most delicious on the grill, but are also good sauteed in butter.