Recipe by Bev
Quick, simple yet elegant. Use real butter to acquire the best flavor. Serve with lemon wedges and a sprig of parsley. Adapted from Allrecipes.
Top Review by I'mPat
I used skin on salmon and cooked in a garlic butter mix I had in the freezer with a little olive oil and the lemon pepper with the skin side down first to get a nice crispy texture for about 7 minutes and then about 3 to 4 minutes on the other side to finish cooking through. Simple but fantastic flavours that meld well together. Thank you Bev for a great recipe and to Annacia for recommending it it in I Recommend Tag game.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 lemon
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salmon fillets on both sides with lemon pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat; watch carefully not to burn.
- Stir in garlic.
- Place salmon in pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Flip fillets halfway through cooking to brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice before serving.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a sprig of parsley.
- Serves 2.
- **If you do not have lemon pepper available, use a little fresh lemon zest mixed with freshly ground black pepper as an alternative.