Recipe by Marie
Deliciously tender and browned roast chicken stuffed with a whole head of garlic and rubbed with an olive oil/lemon mixture. Yum!
Top Review by crickert13
Delicious!! It came out perfectly browned with nice, crispy skin. The meat was moist and very flavorful. I skimmed the fat off the pan juices and made a very tasty gravy. This recipe is definately a keeper!
- 1814.36 g roasting chickens
- 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 head fresh garlic, cut in half
- 1 stalk celery, chopped coarsely
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in cavity of chicken.
- Combine garlic, onion and celery and stuff into the cavity.
- Combine lemon juice and zest with the olive oil and brush over the skin of the chicken.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in roasting pan and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove from roasting pan and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.