Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried fine herb (or a combination of dried oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme)
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Season chicken with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Place 1/2 of lemon slices and 2/3 of garlic in roasting pan.
- Loosen chicken skin over breasts; push remaining lemon and garlic slices under the skin.
- Place chicken over lemon and garlic in pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice. Roast at 400 F for approximately 45 minutes per kg. or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
very good,easy to follow
What a tasty chicken! I usually just use a dry rub, then baste with the juices, but THIS brought the chicken to a whole new level! I used a few more garlic cloves than the recipe states and I only had Oregano, but other than that, I followed the recipe pretty much as is. At first, I thought the chicken would be TOO lemony, but after sampling a taste, I found it to be just right :) Given the specific flavour profile of this chicken, I ended up making the rest of the meal around it - lemony garlic Greek potatoes, and a Greek rice pilaf ^_^ Will make this chicken again...and again, and again...!!!
Sorry but I didn't like the chicken..... I don't know if maybe I didn't slice the lemon slices thin enough but the chicken had a bitter taste that I didn't enjoy.....it was a little bland for my taste....