- 1 whole chicken
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried fine herb (or a combination of dried oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme)
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Place 1/2 of lemon slices and 2/3 of garlic in roasting pan.
- Loosen chicken skin over breasts; push remaining lemon and garlic slices under the skin.
- Place chicken over lemon and garlic in pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice. Roast at 400 F for approximately 45 minutes per kg. or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.