Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From 'The Good Housekeeping Cookbook'. While potatoes are still warm, you may toss them with your favorite vinaigrette for a grilled potato salad. Tossing while still warm helps the potatoes to absorb the flavor of the dressing.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1-in cubes
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- In large bowl, toss potatoes, garlic, olive oil, lemon peel, salt, and pepper until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Layer two 30" by 18" sheets, heavy-duty foil to make a double thickness. Place potato mixture on center of stacked foil. Bring short ends of foil up and over potatoes; fold several times to seal well. Fold remaining sides of foil several times to seal in juices.
- Place packet on grill over medium heat and cook 30 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender, turning packet over once halfway through grilling.
- Shallot & Herb Packet Variation:.
- Prepare as above but omit garlic. Add 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced, and 2 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp dried thyme. Wrap and grill as above. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Very good potatoes! I halved the recipe and placed the potatoes into a 'stretched out' disposable loaf pan. I added the remaining ingredients, covered the pan tightly with foil and shook it up a bit to mix. They were done after exactly 30 minutes on the grill and I did not add any dressing. We loved these spuds GG, thanks for posting the recipe :)