Recipe by KLHquilts
A Greek(ish) dish. The pork turned out very tender, which always makes me happy -- pork is so lean these days, it's hard to find a recipe that leaves it tender. A 4-oz. serving is 4 Weight Watchers points.
- 4 lbs pork tenderloin
- 6 -10 garlic cloves (peeled, whole)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (fresh, chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (fresh)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (fresh, chopped)
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- With a sharp knife, make slits or pockets in the pork loin -- one for every whole garlic clove you're going to use. Insert the whole cloves and bit of fresh oregano into each slit. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine oil, wine, lemon juice, minced garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Pour over pork loin and refrigerate 6-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place pork in a baking pan and add 1 cup water. Bake for 1-1/2 hours, or until pork is tender and juices run clear. Occasionally baste with juices in pan.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes or so. Cut into slices and serve.