Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I was a kid our butcher sometimes had a thing called "City Chicken", which was pork cubes threaded on bamboo skewers to be breaded and fried like fried chicken. I haven't seen that in years. But butcher-pack, boneless, pork loin is always cheap at Sam's Club so here's how I adapted a modern, lighter, healthier favorite for chicken to use on "the other white meat."
- 907.18 g boneless pork loin, cut in 1 . 5-inch cubes
- olive oil
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml dried rosemary, crumbled
- Mix marinade ingredients in a plastic, zipper bag.
- Add pork cubes and marinate at least 1 hour but not more than 6.
- Thread meat on skewers. Brush with olive oil.
- Grill or broil on medium-low heat 7-10 minutes on each side or until nicely browned and just barely done. Don't over-cook or they will be dry and tough.
This is yummy! Very easy to put together and a nice combination of flavors. Thanks! :)
The lemon garlic gives the pork alight refreshing flavor. versubtle. I marinated it for 3 hours. Served with baked acorn squash, baby carrots & steamed broccoli - Thanks3KillerBs for a delightful dinner