Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this because it is a REALLY quick dish!
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until done, drain and return to the hot pot.
- Meanwhile, mince the garlic. In a small pan, heat the oil and butter. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Toss the garlic oil, parsley, lemon zest and juice, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper with the pasta.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Toss in Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at once.
I thought this was good (even though we did not use any parmesan). However, it was a little oily for DH--I'm trying to figure out how to make an herb pasta that doesn't seem so oily. I cooked chunks of chicken at the end and I think that helped a little (with the oil).
This was fabulous. I made it for some dinner guests so I doubled the recipe and it was a hit! Everyone had at least two helpings. I also used a little less olive oil and added chicken. The leftovers were great too!
I made this for dinner tonight for my family. I did not add olive oil so i doubled the butter and garlic cloves. It tasted great. Along with the pasta, I had made garlic bread and chicken. Next time I will try it with the olive oil. I thought that along with this pasta, you can add shrimp to it-maybe next time I will try that as well. The dish was really quick and easy to make. My family and I loved it.