Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
the garlic and lemon juice amount may be adjusted to taste, if you like some heat add in crushed red chili flakes and saute with the garlic :)
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (or to taste)
- 16 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or adjust to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan bring the water with bouillon powder to a boil; add in orzo and cook uncovered until tender stirring a couple times to prevent sticking; drain and place into a bowl.
- In another saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add in garlic and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add in the cooked pasta, lemon rind and lemon juice; stir until combined.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese, then season with black pepper and salt if desired.
One of my favorite sides! Simply delish!
This was wonderful, my family ate the whole thing without leftovers, thanks so much, it's one of my favourites!
I rarely give one of your recipes a less than stellar rating, Kitten, so it's a sad moment for me to say that this just didn't do it for us. I don't know if I had a particularly bitter lemon but it completely overpowered this dish, although we love lemon in general. It also had kind of an odd aftertaste that kept either of us from finishing our servings. I may tweak this and try again, because I really like the idea, but this one just wasn't for us.