1/2 Photos of Lemon-Garlic Parmesan Orzo
the garlic and lemon juice amount may be adjusted to taste, if you like some heat add in crushed red chili flakes and saute with the garlic :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (or to taste)
- 16 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or adjust to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1In a saucepan bring the water with bouillon powder to a boil; add in orzo and cook uncovered until tender stirring a couple times to prevent sticking; drain and place into a bowl.
- 2In another saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add in garlic and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, add in the cooked pasta, lemon rind and lemon juice; stir until combined.
- 4Mix in Parmesan cheese, then season with black pepper and salt if desired.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Garlic Parmesan Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 700.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 20.0 g