the garlic and lemon juice amount may be adjusted to taste, if you like some heat add in crushed red chili flakes and saute with the garlic :)
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (or to taste)
- 16 ounces uncooked orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or adjust to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan bring the water with bouillon powder to a boil; add in orzo and cook uncovered until tender stirring a couple times to prevent sticking; drain and place into a bowl.
- In another saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add in garlic and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add in the cooked pasta, lemon rind and lemon juice; stir until combined.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese, then season with black pepper and salt if desired.