Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refrigeration time not included in preparation time.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar Spanish olives with pimento
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemon wedges
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Drain and rinse the olives, reserving brine.
- Layer olives, oregano sprigs, garlic, lemon wedges and peppercorns in olive jar. (Reserve the olives that do not fit back into the jar for another use).
- Add fresh lemon juice and top off with reserved brine.
- Shake well and let olives marinate for at least 1 week in refrigerator.
This is a really great recipe. I didn't reserve the brine because didn't want the sodium but added some white wine vinegar mixed with a little olive oil to top up the mixture. The taste is so tangy after a week that it's tough not to eat the whole jar at once. Thanks for posting this.
I've made this recipe several times after finding it in a magazine. It's simple and quick and lends a whole new taste to jarred olives.