Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From "Better Homes and Gardens." This feeds a crowd.
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from half a lemon)
- Cook potatoes and garlic in lightly salted water until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes; drain, but reserve a cup of the cooking liquid.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, and enough of the reserved liquid to reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer mash to a serving bowl, top with capers, parsley, and lemon peel; drizzle with remaining olive oil and squeeze the lemon juice over top and serve.