From "Better Homes and Gardens." This feeds a crowd.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from half a lemon)
- 1Cook potatoes and garlic in lightly salted water until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes; drain, but reserve a cup of the cooking liquid.
- 2Mash potatoes to desired consistency, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, and enough of the reserved liquid to reach the desired consistency.
- 3Transfer mash to a serving bowl, top with capers, parsley, and lemon peel; drizzle with remaining olive oil and squeeze the lemon juice over top and serve.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 121.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g