Recipe by Sackville
Mackerel is a recent discovery for me. I never knew how to cook it but I learned quickly once I discovered how cheap it is and how good it is for you! This is a really simple way to cook it.
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay the fillets of fish on a baking tray, which has been covered with foil for easy clean up.
- Sprinkle with salt and leave for 5-10 minutes. This helps give the flesh a firmer texture but you may omit this step if you prefer.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven grill.
- Mix together the garlic, lemon and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour over the mackerel and then put in the oven to grill for about 5 minutes.
- If you have some fresh herbs like parsley to hand you could finely chop them and sprinkle them over the fish at this point.
- Serve with your favourite veggies.