Recipe by AlanVG
From my blog, http://validgeek.com - You can either serve this as a light meal or as a side to something else equally as awesome.
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 yellow bell pepper (you can substitute for orange pepper, or equal amounts of the red and green peppers)
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided in half
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Start off by heating oil and half the butter in a large skillet over low-medium heat. Slice the peppers long and thin, chop your broccoli, and mince your garlic. Once your skillet gets to temperature, add the garlic. When the garlic becomes fragrant, usually after 30-45 seconds, add the peppers and broccoli and allow them to cook slowly.
- While those are cooking, boil water in a medium saucepan, add your linguine, and continue boiling until al dente, usually 10-12 minutes.
- Once the linguine is done, your vegetables should be soft enough – drain the linguine and add it to your veggie skillet. Add the rest of your butter and your lemon juice, toss, and cook until the butter melts – usually 1-2 minutes, being careful not to let anything burn on the bottom of the pan.