Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy, delicious flavorful green beans. Your whole family will FOR SURE devour these super-yummy beans!
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, fresh, ends trimmed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lemon, juice of, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a large covered pot (with steaming basket in place) boil 2 inches of water.
- Place green beans into steamer and steam for about 10 minutes. -Keep the beans that beautiful, fresh green color- with a bit of a bite.
- Drain beans into collander and set aside.
- Heat same pot over medium heat.
- Melt butter and gently saute garlic.
- Place beans into butter mixture and coat.
- Squeeze lemon onto beans, season with salt and pepper.
These beans were really good!! I took them to a potluck and they were gobbled up! Thanks for a great recipe, hollyfrolly!!!
I love super easy recipes! This was super easy and super good! My beans were perfect at about 5 minutes. Loved the lemon juice and the garlic! Thanks hollyfrolly! *PAC 2007*