- 1⁄2 lb green beans, fresh, ends trimmed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lemon, juice of, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large covered pot (with steaming basket in place) boil 2 inches of water.
- Place green beans into steamer and steam for about 10 minutes. -Keep the beans that beautiful, fresh green color- with a bit of a bite.
- Drain beans into collander and set aside.
- Heat same pot over medium heat.
- Melt butter and gently saute garlic.
- Place beans into butter mixture and coat.
- Squeeze lemon onto beans, season with salt and pepper.