Recipe by Halcyon Eve
Another favorite dump chicken recipe. The idea with dump chicken is that you place the chicken and the sauce ingredients all into a freezer bag and freeze it, then thaw it and dump it all into a baking dish to cook. This is also a good recipe for chicken as an ingredient. I made this with chicken breasts and used the leftovers in a Pasta Primavera--the flavor of the chicken really highlighted the fresh flavors of the pasta dish.
Top Review by Panda Rose
I am afraid I thought this was a bit tastelss. I did add some mixed herbs and salt and pepper, but I did not find it anything special at all. I think some chilli flakes would have improved it but I don't know whether I would try it again to find out. Sorry Halcyon Eve.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (I usually use 5-6 pieces, depending on size)
Directions See How It's Made
- For immediate cooking: Preheat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Thaw completely. Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).