Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachael Ray.
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut a very thin slice off both ends of tomatoes to create 4 flat bottoms. Then cut each tomato in half, making 4 cups. Use a melon baller to scoop the seeds and flesh from the tomato, leaving enough for the sides to hold their shape.
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Combine ricotta, lemon, cilantro, parsley, garlic, scalions, parmigiano, and egg yolk.
- Divide between the 4 tomatoes, pushing into the cavities. drizzle olive oil over the tops and bake for 17 minutes until lightly brown and cooked through.