Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe I was given at a Weight Watcher's meeting. It is very tasty and has remained a favorite of ours. Recipe is for 1 person - but can easily be increased to the number you are serving.
- 3 ounces uncooked chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, cooked
- Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the garlic in it.
- Add the chicken and all the other ingredients (except the rice,) cover and cook until done, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve on a 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice.
Wow! This recipe hit the spot tonight. It was quick and easy, too! Thank you Trisha for posting this up for us!
I agree with Merlot...this is a recipe that even though you are sacrificing calories, you aren't sacrificing taste. I doubled the recipe for my family and added one more clove of garlic as well. The lemon and wine give it a nice flavor! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! Kristen
This is a wonderful dish even if you aren't watching your weight. I doubled the garlic. I will be making this many times over because this is a quick and easy dish to prepare using ingredients that I always have on hand. That you for sharing this, Trisha Wright. I