Recipe by RecipeMonster
I really enjoyed this chicken,very simple and flavorful.By-Ellen Lawson Ferlazzo
Top Review by Chef Dudo
The smell is mouthwatering. Unfortunately the spices don't seem to penetrate the chicken. Next time I'll thicken up the cookingsauce/marinade so it can be used as a sauce at the table, now it was too thin. Well worth making and good to play around with.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil (I use olive)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (add this to water if soaking)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated (my addition)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the chicken pieces in salted water for 20 minutes (or just rinse if you're in a hurry), then pat the pieces dry and lay them in a baking dish. They should be a bit crowded, touching each other.
- Mix up the rest of the ingredients and pour over the chicken, then let stand for 20 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until until done.