Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I really enjoyed this chicken,very simple and flavorful.By-Ellen Lawson Ferlazzo
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil (I use olive)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (add this to water if soaking)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated (my addition)
- Soak the chicken pieces in salted water for 20 minutes (or just rinse if you're in a hurry), then pat the pieces dry and lay them in a baking dish. They should be a bit crowded, touching each other.
- Mix up the rest of the ingredients and pour over the chicken, then let stand for 20 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until until done.
The smell is mouthwatering. Unfortunately the spices don't seem to penetrate the chicken. Next time I'll thicken up the cookingsauce/marinade so it can be used as a sauce at the table, now it was too thin. Well worth making and good to play around with.
This chicken turned out really well. I didn't have any Oregano so I left that out and used lime instead of lemon and I did as another poster recommended and thickened up the sauce with some corn starch in a small sauce pan and poured it over the chicken pieces after I transferred them over to the plate. Served it with some mashed potatoes and Asparagus. Everyone loved it. Thanks for the great recipe! :)
I enjoyed the simplicity of this recipe. I used greek fresh Oregano and roasted garlic powder. I am not a person that likes thick sauces so this suited me perfectly. The blend of lemon, garlic & oregano made me very impatient for it to be ready.Heaven Scent! Served with acorn squash filled with cranberries & apple, sugar peas and carrots - lovely meal thank-you RecipeMonster