Recipe by Vicki in CT
Elegant and delicious. 2/22/09 After reading some reviews and problem of too much liquid I would suggest decreasing to perhaps 1 1/2 cups or use the pasta water which has the starch from the pasta that would provide a thickener. Also, be sure all of the flour was used to coat the chicken; that could also be a part of the problem Thanks for the all the input reviewers!
Top Review by Madonna 66
Very tasty! I did have a problem with my parmesan cheese not sticking to the chicken, used a real fresh grated one, not the 'fake' one from the can but I just added a sprinkle on top when serving. Like others have said before, make sure you use all the flour and the sauce thickens nicely. I did add extra lemon, just a personal preference. Even my 4 yr old twins loved it!!!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, disolved in above water
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, parmesan, and garlic powder. Dredge chicken in mixture.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add chicken and brown. Add liquid. Stir until thickened.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and place in large serving bowl.
- Pour chicken and sauce over pasta. Toss gently. Top with grated cheese.
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices and fresh parsley.