Recipe by Bergy
I got this recipe from a recipe card many years ago and have enjoyed it ever since. It is simple, reasonably quick to make,low fat and tasty. You may substitute apple juice for the wine.
Top Review by Amy V
WOW...how easy was this. Instead of cooking it in a skillet, I just left it in my glass casserole dish that I had been marinating in, sealed it tightly with foil and baked in the oven. Moist and delicious. Even my DH (who has a SERIOUS aversion to chicken in ANY way) commented on how juicy and tasty it was. Definately a keeper and I making again tomorrow night...teehee! Thanks so much for posting!!!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4oz each)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil, divided (or virgin if you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- lemon slice (for garnish)
- fresh oregano (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow glass dish mix the marinade: lemon juice, wine, half the oil,garlic, honey, oregano, salt& pepper.
- Add chicken to the marinade, turning to coat.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat remaining oil over med.
- /highheat until hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken to skillet (discard the marinade).
- Cook turning once until cooked through (about 20 minutes).
- Place chicken on a serving platter, garnish with lemon slices and fresh oregano.