I got this recipe from a recipe card many years ago and have enjoyed it ever since. It is simple, reasonably quick to make,low fat and tasty. You may substitute apple juice for the wine.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4oz each)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil, divided (or virgin if you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- lemon slice (for garnish)
- fresh oregano (for garnish)
- In a shallow glass dish mix the marinade: lemon juice, wine, half the oil,garlic, honey, oregano, salt& pepper.
- Add chicken to the marinade, turning to coat.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat remaining oil over med.
- /highheat until hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken to skillet (discard the marinade).
- Cook turning once until cooked through (about 20 minutes).
- Place chicken on a serving platter, garnish with lemon slices and fresh oregano.