Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe in a Sunday paper. A great recipe to use as side dish and the lemon just gives it all a really nice flavour. I used small potatoes instead of chat, so any small potato could be used. I am going to try the butter mixture over steamed broccoli next time.
- 50 g butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and black pepper
- 800 g chat potatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chervil, leaves
- Combine the garlic, lemon, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan of cold salted water and bring to boil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and return them to the pan.
- Add the butter mixture, chervil and toss well to combine.
- Serve warm.
What a delicious yet simple way to make potatoes. DH is not a fan of taters too much unless fired or mashed but these he ate so you get 5 stars for that alone. I used the last of my pickings from the garden and used small red and russett taters. Delisioso! No chervil here so added a fresh bunch of parsley from the garden as well.
Made for AUS/NZ Swap Oct 10
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #73* YUMMY !!! I almost always squeeze some fresh lemon on veggies, but had never done on potatoes -- how delicious !! I THOUGHT I had prepared enough for 2 meals, but DH and I just kept working on the bowl til they were GONE !! No chervil -- subbed chives. Thanks for posting, Tisme. Will be a staple from now on !
I love to make small potatoes and this recipe has just the right amount of butter, garlic and lemon. No chervil to be found here so used parsley instead. Thanks