Recipe by Chef*Lee
I am getting into salad season here in the desert so I invented this one. It has a lot of crunch and a tangy lemon garlic dressing! I hope you like it!
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli coleslaw mix (I like Mann's brand brocco slaw)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey, pref. raw-thick type
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed and chopped (or 4 reg. size)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl; mix corn, chick peas, brocco slaw, bell pepper, and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl; mix together the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, honey, balsamic, Lawry's, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, coriander, and garlic.
- Pour lemon mix into slaw mix and toss to coat.
- Chill to let the flavors meld together then enjoy!