Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
This is from one of Rachael Ray's books. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds yummy.
Make and share this Lemon, Garlic, and Cilantro Baked Stuffed Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (zest of 1 large lemon)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450.
- cut a very thin slice off both ends of each of the tomatoes to create 4 flat bottoms. Then cut each tomato in half.
- Use a melon ball scoop to remove the seeds and guts from the wide fleshy side of each tomato cup, creating just enough room to hold the filling.
- Season the inside of the tomato cavities with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, cilantro, parsley, garlic, scallions and parmigiano-reggiano cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the egg yolk and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the filling among the 4 tomato cups, pushing it into the cavity with a rubber spatula or spoon.
- Drizzle olive oil into a baking dish. Arrange the stuffed tomatoes in the dish and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until lightly brown and cooked through.