1/8 Photos of Lemon, Garlic and Basil Shrimp Skewers
Use this recipe as a template for other shrimp skewers. If you don't have honey mustard, stir a little honey into Dijon. Limes would also work well instead of lemons. And if you're finding your home-grown chives or parsley getting out of hand, substitute them for the basil. These need to marinate for 45 minutes before cooking. Recipe developed for Food and Drink by Heather Trim.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk lemon juice with oil, mustard, garlic and lemon peel.
- 2Add shrimp and stir to coat.
- 3Marinate, covered and refrigerated, for about 45 minutes.
- 4Grease grill and preheat barbecue to high.
- 5Thread shrimp onto skewers and sprinkle both sides lightly with salt.
- 6Place on grill and barbecue until shrimp are pink, about 1½ to 2 minutes a side.
- 7Remove, place on a platter and sprinkle with basil.
Browse Our Top Ontario Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon, Garlic and Basil Shrimp Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 675.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 15.7 g