- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1⁄3 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup boiling water, bulgur, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl. Let mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, cucumber, celery, diced red onion, 1 1/2 tablespoons feta cheese, and dill; toss gently to combine.
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over bulgur mixture, and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill.