Recipe by Bayen
Traditional ganache with a little zest.
Top Review by DaMommyChef
This is so easy and so fabulous! People think you're amazing if you make this! I also used about 1/4 tsp. lemon oil to really make it have the essence of lemon. I made a chocolate cake and used this as a frosting for the middle and outside. Rave reviews all around!
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (the really good stuff)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (more if you really like lemon)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat safe bowl.
- Bring cream to boil on stovetop.
- Once cream in boiling pour over chopped chocolate.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Stir from the inside out, making sure not to let in to much air.
- Stir till chocolate is completely melted.
- That's it--you now have ganache. You can use this on cakes, to make truffles or just cool it in the fridge and snack on it later.
- You can also substitute the lemon with orange.