1/3 Photos of Lemon Fusilli With Arugula Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten
Another of Ina's recipes that I can't wait to try! From the Episode Photo Finish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 lemons
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb dried fusilli
- 1/2 lb baby arugula (or 2 bunches regular arugula, stems removed and leaves cut into thirds)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the garlic, and cook for 60 seconds, then add the cream, the zest and juice of 2 of the lemons, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- 3Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
- 4Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the pasta, and cook al dente according to the directions on the package, about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- 6Immediately add the cream mixture and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until the pasta has absorbed most of the sauce.
- 7Pour the hot pasta into a large bowl and add the arugula, Parmesan and tomatoes.
- 8Cut the last lemon in half lengthwise, slice it 1/4-inch thick crosswise, and add a few slices to the pasta. Toss well, season to taste, and serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Fusilli With Arugula Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.5
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 174.0 mg
- Sodium 263.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 24.8 g