Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another of Ina's recipes that I can't wait to try! From the Episode Photo Finish.
Make and share this Lemon Fusilli With Arugula Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 lemons
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb dried fusilli
- 1⁄2 lb baby arugula (or 2 bunches regular arugula, stems removed and leaves cut into thirds)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, and cook for 60 seconds, then add the cream, the zest and juice of 2 of the lemons, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the pasta, and cook al dente according to the directions on the package, about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Immediately add the cream mixture and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until the pasta has absorbed most of the sauce.
- Pour the hot pasta into a large bowl and add the arugula, Parmesan and tomatoes.
- Cut the last lemon in half lengthwise, slice it 1/4-inch thick crosswise, and add a few slices to the pasta. Toss well, season to taste, and serve hot.
Made this tonight because of an abundance of arugula (on clearance at the grocery store as it was about out of date) SOOO YUMMY!!! I did add 2 avacado's and about 1lb of grilled chicken to it to make it a little more of a 'full' meal for our family. This makes a very large meal! The sauce is so flavorful while at the same time not being too rich or thick. I used a little less than what it called for of cream since I didn't have quite what I needed but it was wonderful. Will definately add this to the make again and potluck cookbooks!
Delicious. Easy. Family favorite - just toss in whatever veggies need to be eaten. I was surprised the cream didn't curdle - we practically licked our bowls clean.
Saw Ina making this on her tv show! Great meatless dinner!