Recipe by stormylee
A lovely sweet & tart recipe for lemon fudge I found online, posted by Elizabeth LaBau. For me, boiling the sugar & milk mixture for 6 minutes did not result in as firm a fudge as I'd like, but still, it was great, delicious fudge that also had the perfect consistency - as long as I kept it in the fridge. ;-) I'll try a candy thermometer the next time to see if boiling the mixture to soft ball stage doesn't do the trick.
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 9 ounces white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon oil or 2 -3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 -2 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8x8 pan by with aluminum foil and butter the foil.
- Combine the sugar and evaporated milk in a pan over medium heat. Stir continuously while the mixture comes to a boil. Once the mixture is fully boiling, continue to cook, stirring constantly, for six minutes.
- After six minutes, remove the pan from the heat. Quickly stir in the butter, white chocolate chips, lemon oil or extract, lemon zest, and a few drops of yellow food coloring (if using). Continue stirring until the fudge is smooth.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared pan. Allow it to set at room temperature for at least two hours. Once set, cut it into squares.