- 2 1⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 60 g butter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk (approximately)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- 2. Sift flour into bowl, rub in butter. Stir in sugar and lemon rind, then egg and add enough milk to mix to a soft pliable dough.
- 3. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth, divide mixture into 3, roll each third into a log about 40cm long.
- 4. Plait the logs firmly together. Place onto prepared tray, press ends of plait together to form a round shape.
- 5. Bake at 220 degrees celsius for about 20-25 minutes.