Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really quick and easy to make sauce. It is good used as a dressing for fruit salad, as a dip for fresh fruit, or as a dessert sauce over pound cake. Prep and cook time does not include the 8 hours of chilling time. This is from the Junior League in Pasadena, CA.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a wire whisk until blended. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
I liked this very much,I made only 1/2 the recipe. I used watermellon, apples, oranges and banana for the fruits.I only had 3 hours of chilling before we are it. Thanks for posting made for zwt6 for the Xtra hot dishes
This sauce is delish! My kids love to eat cut up apples, pears etc and they just loved to dip the fruit pieces in this sauce! Thanks for posting. Made for Sweet Traditions.
As soon as I saw lemon in the title I knew I have to try it. So simple and so tasty. I might have added more lemon and rind. Thank you for sharing.