Top Review by mianbao
This became a cooling and refreshing treat for the hottest day of summer so far. I did use whole milk plain yogurt rather than low-fat vanilla, but followed the recipe in other respects. I froze the mixture in my ice cream machine, and enjoyed it with my husband. I used the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla called for, but may skip it next time, if I use plain yogurt again. I'm thinking of trying other flavors, such as lime and cranberry. Thank you very much for this recipe.
- 4 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place yogurt in a fine strainer over a bowl and allow to drain in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Discard the liquid that drains off.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until sugar dissolves.
- Add the drained yogurt and whisk in well.
- Use an ice-cream machine (if you have one); otherwise, place the mixture in a shallow metal tray and freeze for 2 hours or until the mixture is frozen around the edges.
- Transfer the mixture to a larger bowl and beat until smooth.
- Repeat this step three times.
- For the final freezing, place in an airtight container, cover the surface with a piece of waxed paper and a lid, and freeze for 4 hours.