Recipe by Derf
Buns or not? No matter they are delicious whatever you call them. Linda Lunford - Island Cookery
Top Review by cardamomstars
These came out wonderful and very professional looking.I felt very pleased with the results.I think my icing was slightly runny so I may add more icing sugar next time.My children loved them!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou-really worth while to make-I will be baking these again soon!!!!!!
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml butter
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml golden raisin (soaked 5 minutes in hot water, then drained well)
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 22.18 ml cream or 22.18 ml canned milk
- 236.59 ml sifted icing sugar
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375f degrees.
- Bring water, butter, sugar and salt to boil.
- Add flour and beat until mixture leaves sides of pan.
- Remove from heat and beat 2 minutes to cool.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth and satiny after each addition.
- Add raisins and mix well.
- Drop by measuring tablespoons full onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Ice while warm.
- Frosting: Combine ingredients in order given.