Recipe by Derf
Buns or not? No matter they are delicious whatever you call them. Linda Lunford - Island Cookery
Top Review by cardamomstars
These came out wonderful and very professional looking.I felt very pleased with the results.I think my icing was slightly runny so I may add more icing sugar next time.My children loved them!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou-really worth while to make-I will be baking these again soon!!!!!!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin (soaked 5 minutes in hot water, then drained well)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cream or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canned milk
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375f degrees.
- Bring water, butter, sugar and salt to boil.
- Add flour and beat until mixture leaves sides of pan.
- Remove from heat and beat 2 minutes to cool.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth and satiny after each addition.
- Add raisins and mix well.
- Drop by measuring tablespoons full onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Ice while warm.
- Frosting: Combine ingredients in order given.