Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is very light airy. I like to serve this in the summer for something cool and refreshing. Cook time is chill time.
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 lemons, juice of, about a 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream, whipped stiff
- strawberry, for garnish
- Beat whole eggs and yolks until light and frothy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until thick.
- Add zest.
- Soften gelatin in lemon juice and dissolve over hot water.
- When cool, add to egg mixture, beating well.
- Fold in whipped cream and pour into a 1 quart mold or bowl.
- Chill about 4 hours or until firm.
- Unmold and serve with garnish of berries or whipped cream, if desired.