The shrimp picks up such a delicious flavor from soaking in the marinade and being cooked in its own shell. These can also be done over a grill instead of frying. My family had fun peeling and eating these until they all were gone...... The calorie and fat content are not as high as the nutritional facts show because you discard most of the marinade, which contains most of the calories and fat.
- Place whole shrimp in a large shallow dish.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, marjoram, lemon zest salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the shrimp.
- Cover the shrimp and refrigerate up to 2 hours. Turn the shrimp to the other side half way through the marinade.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and place in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan once the shrimp turn orange in color.
- Season the shrimp with the salt and chopped parsley.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.