Recipe by cuisinebymae
This has the wonderful flavour and texture of deep fried chicken without all that oil. Just brown it in a skillet and bake it in the oven. My dh gets an upset tummy when he eats anything deep fried, but this doesn't bother him.
Top Review by Marie
Excellent recipe. I love the lemony flavor that the marinade gave to the chicken. Used a 3 1/2 lb chicken and left out the marjoram - didn't have any. Otherwise used all ingredients as listed. Crispy, moist and delicious. Thanks Mae for sharing your recipe.
- 5 lbs cut up chicken
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken, dry with paper towels and arrange in a shallow baking dish in a single layer.
- Combine lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the oil, garlic salt, salt, thyme, marjoram, and pepper.
- Pour over the chicken and marinate in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Don't wipe chicken, just let the marinade drip off.
- Combine flour, rind, and paprika.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a large skillet.
- Roll chicken in flour mixture; shake off excess.
- Put floured chicken pieces in the hot oil and turn to brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Place browned chicken pieces in a baking dish in a single layer.
- Bake uncovered, in a preheated 350F oven for 45- 50 minutes, or until chicken is tender.