Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a really simple recipe for flavoursome, fried chicken. I usually use breast fillets, but you could use thighs as well. This recipe works wonderfully in Chicken Caesar Salad.
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 ounce butter
- sea salt (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat a heavy-based frypan over a fairly hot flame and trim the chicken fillets, separate the tenderloins if present and set aside.
- When the pan is hot, add the butter and melt until foaming before adding the chicken fillets.
- After a minute or two, when the chicken has browned, turn the fillets and add the tenderloins.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the pan and cover.
- Quarter the remains of the lemon and add to the pan, cooking for a further 5 minutes or until the juices run clear when skewered.
- Add Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste if desired.