Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made this this past weekend for some grilled veggies (zucchini, summer squash and orange peppers). Delicious, fresh, a true taste of Summer!Measurements are slightly approximate...use you own judgement, I was kinda winging it!
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice of
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh mint
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend all ingredients in blender until cloves of garlic are small. Flecks of green mint leaves are perfect.
- Pour over your favortie veggies and let set for up to 3 hours.
Really really good. I also used it on some tofu, wish I had had the time to let it sit for longer because the leftovers the next day were truly fantastic. I look forward to trying this on veg destined for the grill. Thanks Kozmic!
Ah-may-zing!!! This is a VERY flavorful marinade. I made this as directed and used it on some well-drained tofu, which I marinated for about an hour and a half, then threw on the grill. The smell was incredible! I brushed some extra marinade on the tofu pieces after flipping them. I served them with a green salad and some grilled potatoes for a very summery dinner. My husband said it reminded him of fish. This is definitely a new favorite for me, a great way to use my abundance of fresh mint. Made for Veg*an Swap, May 2010