- 12 slices Italian bread (don't use ends) or 12 slices French bread (don't use ends)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar lemon spread
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 lb) packagethawed frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 6 bread slices with lemon spread.
- Cover with remaining bread.
- In a shallow bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- Dip each sandwich in egg mixture.
- Fry in melted butter until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat strawberries and syrup in a small saucepan.
- Mix cold water and cornstarch in a cup.
- Add to strawberries, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened.
- To serve, slice each french toast sandwich in half diagonally and spoon some sauce over.