Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is posted in response to a request. I remember making this when I was about 12 years old, boy does it bring back memories.
- 3⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Combine corn flake crumbs, 2 Tbsp sugar and melted butter in an 8 inch pie pan; mix well.
- Remove 1- 2 Tbsp of the mixture and reserve for topping.
- Press remaining mixture of crumbs to evenly form crust.
- Beat egg yolks until thick.
- Combine with condensed milk.
- Add lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Stir until thickened.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, not dry.
- Gradually add 3 Tbsp sugar to egg whites.
- Fold gently into lemon mixture.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer 10- 15 minutes before serving.
Lovely! Tart, smooth, creamy and crunchy. This is how I'd describe this 'different' dessert. I'm going to try it next time with fresh orange juice. Thanks for posting.
I liked this alot, I used honey roasted cornflakes and it came out delicious. The only I disliked, was the fact that you have to eat it quick because it melts fast. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe! -varinia
Perfect! Simple ingredients, quick throw-together, and delicious finished product. Can't wait to try it with pineapple! Thank you.