Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is posted in response to a request. I remember making this when I was about 12 years old, boy does it bring back memories.
- 3⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn flake crumbs, 2 Tbsp sugar and melted butter in an 8 inch pie pan; mix well.
- Remove 1- 2 Tbsp of the mixture and reserve for topping.
- Press remaining mixture of crumbs to evenly form crust.
- Beat egg yolks until thick.
- Combine with condensed milk.
- Add lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Stir until thickened.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, not dry.
- Gradually add 3 Tbsp sugar to egg whites.
- Fold gently into lemon mixture.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer 10- 15 minutes before serving.